I got hit with a bad cold and winter isn’t here yet… Speaking with Mom the other day, she reminded me of her favorite weapon against cold: almond tea with honey. We grew up on this stuff, and it indeed is very powerful against the symptoms of cold.
I am not a nutritionist so I don’t know what nutrients inside the almond give it that edge, but I know that it works pretty well especially if there is sore throat. So here is how to make this lovely tea.
Recipe: Almond Tea and Honey
Summary: Almond Tea With Honey is a good weapon against cold and flu symptoms.
Almond Tea Ingredients
- Raw almonds, preferably in their shells
- If the almond you have has its shells, crack them open and boil them with the shells. If shells are not present then increase the quantity of almonds a bit.
- Bring about 20 almond nuts with shells (or 30 with no shell) to a boil in 2-3 cups of water, then lower heat and let boil for another 5-7 minutes.
- Cover it and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 teaspoons of honey to a cup of almond tea and let it do its work.
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Copyright © Mama’s Lebanese Kitchen.