We got introduced to this smoothie (or rather slushy) during our trips to Canada last summer when we used to frequent a Sushi place in Richmond Hill, ON. They prepared one of the best fresh fruit drinks we’ve ever had and the Watermelon was our favorite. After frequenting the restaurant we became friends with the waiters and one of them gave us the secret to their Watermelon smoothie, and it’s in fact extremely simple to prepare!
- Ice cubes (or crushed ice)
- Turbinado Brown Sugar (optional in case watermelon isn't sweet enough)
- Cut as much watermelon into small cubes or chunks
- Throw them in the blender and let it go for 1-2 minutes until watermelon turns into a slush/juice
- If watermelon isn't sweet enough, add 1-2 teaspoons of sugar and blend for one more minute