Last Updated on June 4, 2022
What is Fasolia?
It is a Middle Eastern delicious dish with that is pronounced fah·soo·li·ya. a bean stew that is generally made with cubes of beef. So, let’s have a look at the Vegetarian Fasolia Beans Stew Recipe (Fasolia bi Zait).
Kidney Bean Stew Vegan a Traditional Lebanese Dish
If you love stews, here is a simple, delicious and healthy Lebanese vegan beans stew recipe that you could try. This is a traditional Lebanese “mountains dish” that will warm you up pretty well in winter. The Lebanese fasolia recipe red beans is a mouth-watering delicious dish and healthy diet.
You might ask why in the world am I featuring this recipe in July? Well.. I missed it… it’s been a while…and felt like having it the other day so I’m sharing the love. And while having it in a 95F upstate NY humid weather I was sweating like crazy… but oh it was so worth it!
In Lebanon this dish is commonly known as “Fasolia at’aa” or “Fasolia bi zait” which translate to “vegetarian Fasolia” and “Fasolia with oil.” This recipe is the vegetarian cousin of a Fasolia Beef Chili Stew recipe which we featured a while back.
Fasolia is a variety of red haricot beans, similar to pinto beans that you can commonly find in supermarkets. For this recipe pick the beans with tan/lighter color if possible, or as a second best pick red beans. And if you have control over it, pick beans that are new, and haven’t been stocked for a very long time. On to the recipe…
Why Would You Love The Lebanese Fasolia Red Beans
The vegetarian fasolia is healthy that provides plants’ protein
Every family members loves to the Fasolia Beans Stew
Inexpensive yet too delicious to be resisted
A perfect vegen diet that can be used as a weight reduction diet.
How do you thicken Fasolia?
You can thicken the Vegetarian Fasolia Beans Stew by boiling the extra water or add more tomatos.
How do you make Fasolia bil Zeit?
The making process of Fasolia bil Zeit is given below.
Vegan Haricot Beans Stew Recipe – Fasolia bi Zait
- 2 cups Pinto Beans Or Haricot Beans
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 head garlic finely minced
- 1 potato cut into tiny cubes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups water
- Soak the beans overnight in fresh water so that they soften and cook faster. You can add a bit of baking soda to help speed their softening.2 cups Pinto Beans
- When ready to cook, sautee the garlic, onions, potatoes, beans in olive oil for 5-10 minutes.1 onion, 1 head garlic, 1 potato, ½ cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt
- Add 8 cups of warm water to the pot along with the salt and stir well.8 cups water
- Cover the pot and let gently boil/simmer on low heat for 1 hour
- Add and stir the tomato paste, boil for another 15 minutes and serve hot with a side of pita bread.1 teaspoons tomato paste