Last Updated on June 13, 2022
Milk Pudding Recipe (Kishk el Foukara )
Kishk el Foukara is a Lebanese dessert that is extremely easy to prepare yet very rich in taste. The exact English translation of “Kishk el Foukara” is “Kiosk of the Poor,” an interestingly strange name indeed. It is also known in other areas of Lebanon as “Muha-lla-biyyeh”. Here is the Milk Pudding Recipe with Nuts.
Kishk el Foukara Delicious and Healthy
It is absolutely delicious and a childhood favorite. The ingredient with the most subtle effect on taste is the orange blossom flower water, so this is an absolute must-have to get the original recipe right.
Kishk el Foukara FAQs
What is pudding made of?
The milk pudding with nuts is made of milk, sugar, corn starch, orange blossom water, and nuts
Is the Recipe of Kishk el Foukara easy?
Yes, the recipe is easy to make.
Milk Pudding With Orange Blossom Water and Nuts Recipe – Kishk el Foukara
- 5 cups whole milk
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp orange blossom water mazaher
- 1 cup almonds dried, whole
- 1 cup pistachio unsalted, raw or roasted
- 1 cup walnuts
- Mince the walnuts, almonds and pistachio in a food processor for 15-20 seconds.1 cup almonds, 1 cup pistachio, 1 cup walnuts
- Mix the milk, sugar and corn starch in a bowl well until all the starch has assimilated. Bring the mix to a near boil on medium to low heat all while stirring continuously.5 cups whole milk, 5 tbsp corn starch, 5 tbsp sugar
- When the pudding nears boiling and starts to thicken, add 2 table spoons of orange blossom water and stir for 3 more minutes.2 tbsp orange blossom water
- While the mix is still very hot pour half of it in your 2-inch deep serving tray (Pyrex glass), sprinkle half of the minced nuts on top then add the remaining pudding as another layer and finish by sprinkling the remaining nuts on top. You should have 2 layers of pudding and 2 layers of nuts.
- Let the tray rest for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving.