Summary: Lebanese Grilled Chicken Recipe With Garlic – Djej Miswe is a Traditional Lebanese Cuisine Dish That is Delicious and Rich in Garlic Flavor.
Lebanese Grilled Chicken Ingredients (6 servings)
- 6 pieces of chicken (breast or leg quarters with skin)
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of red vinegar (apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar)
- 1 garlic head
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 1.5 to 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Arabic 7-Spices (or black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Marinade and Preparation Method (20 minutes)
- In a bowl, sprinkle then rub ground cinnamon on raw chicken, rub with half a cup of vinegar for a couple of minutes and then rinse well with cold water. This will help rid the chicken of any smell. Make cuts in chicken pieces (for marinade to seep through).
- In a blender or food processor, grind/crush for 3-4 minutes the garlic along with the lemon juice, 1/2 cup of red vinegar, salt, and 7-spices. Once done, add the olive oil then run the blender for 1 more minute. Your marinade is now ready.
- Place chicken in a bowl, add a few lemon slices (with peel), pour marinade on and let sit in the fridge overnight. The longer you marinate the chicken the more flavor it will have. Once ready for cooking don’t throw away the leftover marinade, you’ll need it later.
Grilling the Chicken (~20 minutes)
Grill the marinated chicken on a BBQ as you would other chicken, on low to medium heat for about 20-25 minutes. In the first 10 minutes of grilling, brush the leftover marinade on the chicken occasionally so they stay moist and absorb more marinade flavor.
Serve chicken with our Lebanese Garlic Dip and Pita bread and indulge your taste buds
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Copyright © Mama’s Lebanese Kitchen.